NOTICE TO APPLICANTS/EMPLOYEES
California’s California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) provide California applicants and employees with certain rights:
- Knowledge of information collected;
- Deletion of information collected;
- Opt-out of information collected;
- Opt-in of information collected;
- Correction of information collected;
- Limit use of information collected;
- Not to be discriminated or retaliated against for exercising rights under the law.
Where We Get Your Information From. The Company collects information about you from the following sources: 1) you; 2) prior employers, references, recruiters, job-related social media platforms; 3) third-party companies, such as background check companies, and 4) third-party benefit plan administrators and investigators. Depending on the Agency’s interactions with you, we may or may not collect all of the information identified about you.
The Personal and Sensitive Personal Information That We Are Collecting. We are collecting the following information:
- Identifiers, such as name, government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number), and unique identifiers (e.g., employee ID);
- Personal information, such as real name, signature, SSN, photo, address, telephone number, email address, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, federal identification authorizing work in the United States, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, marital status, gender, sex, race, color, disability, citizenship, primary language, immigration status, military/veteran status, disability, request for leave, and medical conditions;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history (e.g., in connection with travel or other reimbursements);
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our online systems and websites and any personal information that you provide while accessing the Agency’s computer systems, such as personal information and passwords;
- Geolocation data, such as device location from usage of the Company’s devices;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Non-public education information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the Persona and Sensitive Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences, abilities, aptitudes, and characteristics.
How Your Personal and Sensitive Personal Information is Used. We may use Personal and Sensitive Personal Information:
- To operate, manage, and maintain our business;
- For hiring, retention, and employment purposes;
- To otherwise accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example:
- Emergency services;
- Conducting research, analytics, and data analysis;
- Maintaining our facilities and infrastructure;
- Grant and monitor employee access to Agency facilities
- Quality and safety assurance measures;
- Conducting risk and security controls and monitoring which includes managing electronic security measures on devices that are used to access Agency networks and systems;
- Protecting confidential and trade secret information;
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Performing identity verification;
- Performing accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal workplace investigations;
- Manage employee performance;
- Evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment;
- We may share your information with third-party service providers who assist in recruitment, applicant tracking and background check;
- Complying with the law, legal process, and internal policies;
- Maintaining records;
- Responding to legal requests for information and subpoenas; and
- Exercising and defending legal claims.
- Performing verification of employment;
- Payroll and benefits administration which may include professional service providers such as external service providers and HRIS
- Wellness and recognition program service providers;
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages including workers compensation and other liability insurance;
- Documenting various types of leaves such as FMLA, CFRA, and PFL
- Any other purposes authorized by the California Privacy Protection Agency, California or Federal law.
We may or may not have used Personal and Sensitive Personal Information about you for each of the above purposes.
Sharing or Selling of Personal Information. The Agency does not sell your personal information.
Data Retention. The Agency will generally retain the information it receives about you for as long as it has a legal or business purpose for it or a legal requirement to maintain it as required by California or Federal law.
Changes to the Policy.The Agency will generally retain the information it receives about you for as long as it has a legal or business purpose for it or a legal requirement to maintain it as required by California or Federal law.
For Inquiries and/or to Submit Requests for Information, Deletion or Correction. Please contact either: (1) Human Resources, 415-434-8500 option 3, email@example.com, 100 Webster Street, 1st Floor, Oakland, CA 94607, for inquiries about the Agency’s policy, or to submit your requests for information, deletion or correction.