This position is specifically for individuals living in the Kansas City Region. This is a hands-on position that requires knowledge of the best practices of paid search. This person will not just be functional on the day-to-day of the search platforms but also know how to strategically leverage them. The Senior Paid Search Specialist will be responsible for campaign set up and optimization across Google and Bing, as well as utilizing paid search tools such as the platform editors and Search Ads 360 to upload and amend paid search campaigns. In addition, they will be mentoring and training a team of search media specialists and coordinators with support from the manager and director.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the set-up and optimization of SEM campaigns across Google Ads and Microsoft Ads
- Monitor reporting and deep dive into campaign analytics to find opportunities to maximize revenue and return on investment
- Monitor search category trends and provide insights that guide our landing page strategy
- Utilize test-driven marketing strategies to continuously improve marketing messaging, positioning, and budget optimization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and test new strategies
- Engage with top industry partners (Google, Bing, etc.) and the latest ad products
- Forecast revenue and pace for weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals by product and campaign
- Act as the main point of contact for the client, internal departments, and third-party providers; guided by the Paid Search Manager, you will spearhead collaboration, facilitate discussions, planning, and project management
- Help implement and understand the bidding strategies and goals for client campaigns
- Attend weekly meetings, ready to give updates on KPIs, performance, launches, traffic changes and other details on assigned clients
- Responsible for helping manage the team tasks in Asana, based on notes from team meetings and conversations with the search specialist, manager or director
- Develop and deliver presentations, point of views, business cases, and performance reports
- Able to present search campaign results to internal and external client teams, explaining performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Provide proactive mentorship of Search Specialists’ supporting accounts; effectively communicating task execution and timeline requirements, strategic guidance, and constructive feedback to aid in their growth in their core functional areas or responsibilities
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings
- Meet with the Search manager on at least a quarterly basis to set goals and take on projects for personal growth and wider departmental development
- You have 4+ years experience managing and executing paid search media campaigns across Google/Bing platforms
- You have a good knowledge in all search platforms and have planned and placed many paid search media buys in excess of ~$1 million annually
- You have a strong understanding of best practices across Google and Bing
- You possess exceptional verbal, written, and presentational skills
- You are able to work independently and collaboratively with remote team members
- You are flexible and have proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with concurrent and competing deadlines
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in the automotive industry and/or with franchises is preferred
- You have a passion for and understand how the different media channels work together in a campaign
- You are meticulous, conscientious, and work with a sense of urgency
- You have a good understanding of all digital media disciplines
- You thrive in a client-centric environment
- You have superior organizational skills and are attentive to details
- You are able to mentor and train search specialists in paid search best practice, with guidance from the manager and director
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
Since 1985, H/L has been fiercely independent and making Momentum. Our strengths include local and national media activations, creative development, insights and analytics, full-scale digital and video production, multicultural marketing, and PR.
We’re headquartered in Oakland, California, with people in 20+ states, and offices in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, and St. Louis. What unites H/Lers across the country is a common drive—to pioneer new ways to push clients’ businesses forward and serve the communities we call home.
Learn more at www.hl.agency