We’re looking for the person who lives & breathes media. You know the emerging landscape & can develop the right strategies & media plans for our clients. You can tackle day-to-day planning & reporting on several accounts, as well as manage multiple junior team members.
- Provide Target & Competitive insights during strategy development, using standard tools (MRI, Scarborough, Kantar, etc.)
- Develop strategic media plans, and innovative media solutions for our clients
- Guide Assistant & Media Planner on media plans, assembling campaign request for proposals (RFPs), reviewing media partner media plans, and issuing insertion orders
- Work with ad operations and analytics on trafficking tags for approved media plans
- Monitor the performance of all media plans and develop rationale explaining results for clients
- Cultivate strong relationships with agency teams (Account, Creative, Analytics, AdOps) to facilitate flawless execution of media plans
- Maintain close contact with media sales representatives to help stay current with media trends
- Lead developing client-facing deliverables, such as media recommendations and wrap-up reports
- Craft & share case studies, POVs, & conference summaries
- Lead other projects as needed
- Learn to, or utilize Asana for project management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a Media Planner (2+ years in the industry)
- Expert knowledge in all digital media required (direct, programmatic, social, search, etc.); knowledge of other media types (TV, Radio, Podcasts, OOH) preferred
- Ability to establish & maintain excellent agency & client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop & execute media plans that deliver positive results for clients
- Experience with MRI/Simmons, Kantar, Pathmatics, R/F tools, etc.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Proven performance in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft & Google docs – Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Strong ability to follow through on tasks & projects from start to finish
- Highly attentive to details, accuracy, and numbers for managing budgets and projects
- Ability to effectively mentor & develop the skills of junior team
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has a genuine curiosity, and passion for the advertising industry
- Is a self-starter and problem solver
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to accuracy and detail
- Can manage multiple tasks and projects effectively to meet deadlines
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
For SF Bay Area / CA based: H/L offers projected salary range for a position as an estimate of what the company believes is a reasonable pay scale. The actual salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on various factors, including the job’s scope and responsibilities, the candidate’s qualifications, budget availability within the department, internal pay equity, geographic location, and external market pay rates for similar positions. The salary range for this position is expected to be between $80,000 – $95,000 per year.
Since 1985, H/L has been fiercely independent and making Momentum. Our strengths include local and national media activations, creative development, insights and analytics, full-scale digital and video production, multicultural marketing, and PR.
We’re headquartered in Oakland, California, with people in 20 states, and offices in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, and St. Louis. What unites H/Lers across the country is a common drive—to pioneer new ways to push clients’ businesses forward and serve the communities we call home.
Learn more at hl.agency.