H/L, an independent advertising agency, is looking for a Proofreader/Copy Editor. This role is based in our main office, located in Oakland’s Jack London Square. The Proofreader/Copy Editor manages consistent messaging and brand voice that is communicated across all mediums with the Agency. Job prioritization, scheduling, and deadlines are set by Project Managers. The Proofreader/Copy Editor will make suggestions and queries from an independent and objective standpoint, as well as mentor a Junior Proofreader/Copy Editor.
This position is a hybrid, remote work from home and in-office.
- Copy edits and/or proofread, with or without backup copy, advertising and marketing material produced by nearly all H/L departments and in all mediums, including:
- Print (print ads, out-of-home, point-of-purchase, signage, direct mail, catalogs, etc.
- Broadcast (radio and TV scripts)
- Digital ads
- Requests for proposal (RFPs)
- New business and client presentations (brochures and books, PowerPoint)
- In-house materials (correspondence, promotional material)
- Edits and proofs legal language and disclaimers for certain clients. Editing and proofing comments will vary between soft and hard copies
- Generate and update copy decks, scripts and legal matrices on an as-need basis
- Ensure creative consistency (visually and content-wise) within a campaign, across all mediums
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether content comply with client brand standards and legal guidelines
- Collaborate with teams to deliver quality projects on time
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 4-5 years of experience proofreading a wide variety of fast-turn jobs in a high-volume environment. Advertising, marketing and/or promotions agency environment preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Highly organized with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple projects with total accuracy
- Focus and concentration on accuracy and great attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Journalism preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Comfortable talking to others to convey information effectively
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Able to quickly learn and apply client brand standards and client style guide, as well as trademark and legal guidelines
Salary Range: $70,000 to $88,000
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H/L is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H/L is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Miami.