The Programmatic Media Director is expected to be pivotal in the onboarding of new advertisers, digital platforms, and programmatic partners. The role includes internal and external programmatic education on capabilities and testing new technologies. The Programmatic Media Director is an expert in the industry landscape and on best practices in navigating display, video, audio, and connected TV activation. This role will continually evaluate our clients’ media effectiveness, optimization, and innovation to ensure business benefits and growth for our clients. In addition, the Programmatic Media Director will be expected to be the team’s source of expertise and point of escalation for all aspects of a campaign’s execution including implementation, optimization and inventory, and audience strategy.
- Manage quarterly Media and Creative budgets to ensure media investment is spent correctly and efficiently to deliver maximum value to the business, and that the team is billed and pays partners on time
- Work closely with Agency partners and other vendors, including agency media and analytics teams, to ensure that they provide maximum value by providing valuable insights and learnings and value-add strategic support to programmatic media campaigns
- Work with the Ad Operations team to strategize a collaborative effort on creative trafficking for the accuracy, functionality, and flow of ad experiences, and documenting as necessary to ensure flawless execution of media
- Oversee departmental processes, maintaining department documents, templates, and POVs
- Evangelize cutting-edge programmatic technology solutions and industry trends
- Build and implement new products on Programmatic team
- Build relationships with clients, partners, and Agency teams
- Develop relationships with platform, inventory, and data providers to maximize their value specific to account needs
- Mentor and educate members of the Programmatic team to enhance platform expertise, client performance, and professional development
- Act as the team’s central point of trading expertise and escalation to address problems as they arise for the account
- Create and enforce workflow processes to ensure deliverables are completed accurately and on time
- Hold members of the team accountable to flawless execution of campaign implementation and develop the QA processes that allow them to do so
- Align with leaders across the business to create best practices, develop processes, and promote knowledge sharing
- Develop client insights, reporting, and analysis to build and continually advance programmatic strategies
- Provide regular strategic counsel directly to senior clients and colleagues
- Keep senior leadership informed of the overall status of the Programmatic team to ensure any challenges are appropriately resolved or escalated
- Actively monitor and evaluate campaign performance in platforms, leveraging insights and trends, and provide data-backed recommendations to the integrated Media team
- Provide comprehensive analysis of performance beyond in-platform metrics
- Conduct regular and ad hoc analysis to identify opportunities to improve performance within and across campaigns
- Regular quality audits of internal teams’ work to highlight learning opportunities and identify best practices to be shared across teams
- Contribute to new business development when requested
- 4–6 years in a hands-on role managing programmatic campaigns
- 3+ years of experience mentoring and managing a team
- Exceptional ability to establish and cultivate relationships across business functions and teams
- Expert knowledge in digital programmatic media, and has managed and ran programmatic media budgets of more than $3 million
- Proven experience overseeing the management and success of a large client portfolio
- Experience interacting with vendors and clients
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentational skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with remote team members
- Flexible and proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with concurrent and competing deadlines
- Demonstrable knowledge of programmatic advertising, real-time bidding, DSP platforms, attribution models, and associated technologies
- Bachelor’s degree
The Ideal Candidate
- Is meticulous, conscientious, and performs their work with a sense of urgency.
- Has expert understanding of all digital media disciplines, and is an expert in programmatic media.
- Has superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Has a strong working knowledge of DSPs and programmatic ad buying in an RTB environment.
- Thrives in a client-centric environment.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
For SF Bay Area / CA based: H/L offers projected salary range for a position as an estimate of what the company believes is a reasonable pay scale. The actual salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on various factors, including the job’s scope and responsibilities, the candidate’s qualifications, budget availability within the department, internal pay equity, geographic location, and external market pay rates for similar positions. The salary range for this position is expected to be between $115,000 – $135,000 per year.
Since 1985, H/L has been fiercely independent and making Momentum. Our strengths include local and national media activations, creative development, insights and analytics, full-scale digital and video production, multicultural marketing, and PR.
We’re headquartered in Oakland, California, with people in 21 states and offices in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, and St. Louis. What unites H/Lers across the country is a common drive—to pioneer new ways to push clients’ businesses forward and serve the communities we call home. Learn more at www.hl.agency.