H/Lers are from some of the most diverse, culturally dynamic places in America and around the world, offering unexpected perspectives and exciting opportunities in every engagement. Our culture thrives on empathy, kindness, creativity, and courage to do the best work of our careers, and to live our best lives while doing it. Are you ready to make momentum with us?
H/L is searching for a Production Designer to join our studio team. We are looking for someone who can skillfully blend the art and science of digital compositing, a love of digital retouching, and a sharp eye for color management. As a Production Designer, you will help to maintain the visual integrity of our visual assets across all clients. This is a hybrid position based in Miami.
- Digital retouching: Using Adobe Creative Suite, individual executes in-house color correction and pre-press assembly process
- Digital compositing: Generate final image asset by using multiple images and effects to create motion, texture, etc.
- Color and density management
- Build pre-press studio mechanicals (digital and print)
- Design infographics and presentations for new business pitches and client work
- Collaborate with studio and creative teams
- Maintain timesheets, track personal time on all projects, adhere to schedules, and be attentive to time and budgets
- Comply with quality standards, as set forth by the department and in brand guidelines
- Work with Sr. Production Designers to foster innovative solutions and follow studio processes
- Participate in weekly status meetings (daily when necessary)
- Create and ensure complete, accurate, and correctly prepared files for vendors and clients
- Interpret ad layouts (working with Art Director and Sr. Production Designers)
- Keep integrated Project Managers apprised of status of work
- Back up work files daily
- At least 6–8 years of agency experience or equivalent knowledge
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Digital retouching and compositing skills
- Traditional graphics and infographic design skills
- Able to produce mechanicals and comps from layout or specs
- Must have the ability to work without layout when necessary
- Experience with both print and digital advertising production
- Good eye for design and comfortable providing layout and design alternatives
- Sensitive to typography
- A knowledgeable team player who enjoys collaborating with other departments and is able to take direction
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail-oriented
- Highly organized, with a proven ability to multitask
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Brings a demonstrated knowledge of digital, print, and television production, asset management, and production design processes
- Is open to new ideas, and to learning new software and processes, and taking on new responsibilities
- Is a team player who takes the initiative and constantly strives for improvement
- Is able to thrive in a fast-paced production environment while maintaining a calm and compassionate demeanor
- Is a flexible team player who will put in the work needed during high-volume periods
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H/L is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H/L is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit hl.agency.