H/L is looking for an Associate Producer to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an environment that values your professional development as much as your contributions to H/L’s mission. As an Associate Producer you will learn and grow with hands-on experience and support from the Production/Post-Production team, known as Wolfhouse, at H/L. The Associate Producer will learn what goes into producing TV, Radio, and Social Videos—from budgets and timelines to on-set shoots and putting it all together in post-production.
If you’re a motivated self-starter and eager to learn, we’d love to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have at least 2 years of experience with the production process in TV, radio, and social content
- You have at least 2 years of experience in advertising
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with creative and account teams, project managers, and outside vendors; must be good at motivating people while working as a part of a team
- You are able to multitask, manage many projects concurrently, and meet deadlines
- You have demonstrated abilities to be self-motivated and able to anticipate needs before they arise
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and proactive, with a can-do attitude
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Help create production and post-production estimates and schedules for a range of projects; track budgets and actualize costs for those projects with Finance and Account teams
- Contact talent agents; send casting specs and scripts for on-camera, voiceover, and radio casting; and manage auditions with the Creative team
- Work with the H/L’s Creative team to secure internal and client approvals throughout the production process
- Generate talent contracts and completion reports to submit to Business Affairs
- Conduct music searches for radio, social, and TV projects as assigned
- Coordinate with recording studios to hold and book studio time
- Help with the processing and submitting of vendor invoices
- Troubleshoot production problems when needed
- Produce radio jobs, both general market and multicultural
- Work closely with producers in managing their TV, radio, and social video needs
- Work closely with Editors, assisting and facilitating their day-to-day projects
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to see the bigger picture in the minutiae and a head for organizing it
- Has the willingness to take on any production task assigned, and eagerness to learn and grow in this field
- Works independently and is proactive
- Is a creative thinker, problem-solver and can handle curveballs, unexpected shifts, and tight deadlines, while remaining upbeat and focused on delivering quality work
- Has emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Is curious and positive, and an active listener
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Should have a desire to continue learning about production and new production-related technologies, and expanding their skill set
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
For SF Bay Area / CA based: H/L offers projected salary range for a position as an estimate of what the company believes is a reasonable pay scale. The actual salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on various factors, including the job’s scope and responsibilities, the candidate’s qualifications, budget availability within the department, internal pay equity, geographic location, and external market pay rates for similar positions. The salary range for this position is expected to be between $70,000 – $85,000 per year.
Since 1985, H/L has been fiercely independent and making Momentum. Our strengths include local and national media activations, creative development, insights and analytics, full-scale digital and video production, multicultural marketing, and PR.
We’re headquartered in Oakland, California, with people in 20+ states, and offices in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, and St. Louis. What unites H/Lers across the country is a common drive—to pioneer new ways to push clients’ businesses forward and serve the communities we call home.
Learn more at www.hl.agency.