H/L is on the lookout for a talented Associate Creative Director, Copywriter to join our Creative team. We’re not just looking for a Copywriter. We’re seeking an innovator, storyteller, and charismatic advocate of our collective vision to Make Momentum™–for our clients, ourselves, and our communities across the country. We’re in search of a hands-on creative and strategic leader, whose writing and creative direction ignites emotions, provokes thought, and motivates actions; with a team-first love of collaboration and the ability to nurture ideas from wherever they originate.
At H/L, we pride ourselves on pushing the boundaries of typical Advertising and Marketing Agencies’ offerings and are looking for someone who will be driven by that entrepreneurial spirit. Tackling roles that most other agencies leave to outside vendors, and inspiring teammates to do the same is a common occurrence. That’s how we all support one another in doing the best work of our careers. We are building the new agency model on optimism, achievement, and the courage to explore the world outside our comfort zone. And we are looking for people inescapably drawn to this challenge to join us.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Reports to: Creative Director/Executive Creative Director
What you’ll do:
- Generate concepts/ideas and write highly targeted copy on one or more assigned accounts at a time
- As a creative leader, help amplify the caliber of creative output for one or more teams and the agency, as a whole; work to position H/L’s creative offering at the forefront of trends and effectiveness
- Advocate for your ideas to both agency partners and our clients, employing insights that help get them produced on time, on budget, and to the scope of our collective vision
- Adapt to changes in format, media, and clients’ strategies
- Provide multiple solutions for every challenge
- Take the driver’s seat during production phases, directing outside vendors such as designers, illustrators, animators, engineers, and production companies in bringing ideas to life
- Develop unique, persuasive, and actionable creative work that conforms to parameters set by our creative briefs and scopes of work, while consistently seeking ways to affect growth of the account and our clients’ success
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (Accredited portfolio school or university creative program is a plus)
- You have 6-8 years of agency experience (or equivalent experience) in advertising, marketing, or digital production (Experience mentoring junior teams is a plus)
- You possess a charismatic, dynamic presentation style that is welcoming, inspiring, confident, and persuasive
- You have experience in producing work for digital, print, and broadcast channels
- You are proficient with Microsoft Word/Google, as well as working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- You believe in the strength of diverse perspectives and your words don’t just represent one voice; they represent a collective of experiences
- You understand that the best work is born from collaboration; you’re open to feedback, thrive in a team environment, and can easily translate concepts into impactful words and concepts
- Your knowledge of Automotive and Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) categories is highly preferred
- You have demonstrated proficiency in crafting compelling and engaging advertising campaigns, coupled with a proven track record in scriptwriting for various multimedia platforms, including but not limited to video, audio, and online content
- You are skilled in overseeing the production process, from pre-production planning, recording sessions, to final post-production editing, resulting in high-quality content
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
For SF Bay Area / CA based: H/L offers projected salary range for a position as an estimate of what the company believes is a reasonable pay scale. The actual salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on various factors, including the job’s scope and responsibilities, the candidate’s qualifications, budget availability within the department, internal pay equity, geographic location, and external market pay rates for similar positions. The salary range for this position is expected to be between $130,000 – $150,000 per year.
Since 1985, H/L has been fiercely independent and making Momentum. Our strengths include local and national media activations, creative development, insights and analytics, full-scale digital and video production, multicultural marketing, and PR.
We’re headquartered in Oakland, California, with people in 20+ states, and offices in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, and St. Louis. What unites H/Lers across the country is a common drive—to pioneer new ways to push clients’ businesses forward and serve the communities we call home.
Learn more at www.hl.agency.