H/L is looking for an innovative Art Director who will inspire, lead, and transform concepts into campaigns that resonate with audiences.
This is a unique opportunity to engage in reel-worthy broadcast and digital video production work. With a diverse clientele, including global, national, and regional brands, you’ll witness your work gain consistent exposure. If you’re looking for an opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative minds, we invite you to apply.
You must love concepting, collaborating, creative problem-solving, and following through to sell the work to both internal and client-facing audiences. On-set production experience is a huge plus. We work in all other media, too. So, bring the media-agnostic heart of an artist and the scrappy spirit of an entrepreneur with you. Also bring interesting stories to tell, the ability to work and play well with others, and of course, a great portfolio and reel of work.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll create campaigns for TV, social/digital, websites, radio, along with non-traditional
and other forms of advertising
- You’ll collaborate with your partner, a Copywriter, and the broader team to maintain a high standard of creative work
- You’ll develop unique and innovative concepts that effectively convey each client’s message and captures the audience’s attention
- You’ll take the driver’s seat during production phases, directing teams such as designers, illustrators, animators, engineers, and production companies to bring conceptualized ideas to life
- You have the ability to roll with the punches in a fast-paced agency environment
- You have at least 2 years of experience in an Advertising Agency or 3-4 years of equivalent experience
- You have demonstrated abilities to effectively communicate with clients
- You have the ability to create storyboards and conceptualize ideas
- You have a meticulous attention to detail to ensure visual elements of a campaign align
with the creative concept
- You are a creative problem solver
- You are comprehensively knowledgeable of digital design and multimedia platforms
- You have the ability to effectively articulate your creative vision and provide constructive
- You are proficient with industry-standard software in a Mac environment
- You have demonstrated abilities to understand clients’ needs, manage expectations, and
address feedback and concerns professionally
- You have knowledge of automotive and quick-service restaurant categories (highly preferred)
- A degree from an accredited portfolio school or university creative program is a plus, but this is really all about your portfolio and reel
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate. For SF Bay Area/CA based candidates, H/L offers a projected salary range for a position as an estimate of what the company believes is a reasonable pay scale. The actual salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on various factors, including the job’s scope and responsibilities, the candidate’s qualifications, budget availability within the department, internal pay equity, geographic location, and external market pay rates for similar positions. The salary range for this position is expected to be between $80,000 – $100,000 per year.
Since 1985, H/L has been fiercely independent and making Momentum. Our strengths include local and national media activations, creative development, insights and analytics, full-scale digital and video production, multicultural marketing, and PR.
We’re headquartered in Oakland, California, with people in 20+ states, and offices in Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, and St. Louis. What unites H/Lers across the country is a common drive—to pioneer new ways to push clients’ businesses forward and serve the communities we call home.
Learn more at www.hl.agency.